Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wonders of technology

A few months ago someone in Finland contacted me after reading my blog. Then just last week a former student of CLTC emailed me from  Malaysia after reading Melanesian Scribe. I had few more people writing to me.

Just yesterday another old friend of mine now living in Lae contacted me telling me that he read MS. This person wrote to me via Face Book. This is the wonder of technology. Writing these days is not focused on books only. With the arrival of the new technology- blogs, Face Book and other computer programs are becoming popular.

And it is quicker and effecient to use e-mail to send notes all around the world in one day. Then there is skype and other ways of communicating. I live in a small rural town so I am still learning all these new developments.

Only when the internet goes fast then communication will be effective from my end. There will come a time when you will not need paper to communicate. Already Divine Word University is following this trend. Not only that but all students are given laptops and flash drives.

Here at Banz, most students have digital cameras, flash drives and laptops. This was something unheard of 10 years ago. Not only that but there are more mobile phones around. So we now live in a small world. However there is the bad side of things such as texting unwanted photos through mobile phones. So we all need to be cautious as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment